Saturday, April 27, 2013

The little blocks

Yesterday came across an article on Facebook (how much more sadder can it be? *sighs*) about the photographers block. Fancy name for utter laziness, I tell you. A handicap nonetheless. Over the past few months I have realized that I am dealing with not just this one, considering the number of boats I have planted my feet in, rather loosely, but a multitude of others. I have a great urge right now to describe them and flaunt them as to how many things I am dispassionately passionate about. I might give in by the time I am finished writing. I might (un)knowingly be doing that right now,  trying to make it sound like you might have missed something or you weren't smart enough to read between the lines (the small sadistic pleasures in life).

I am trying to make sense out of it. I really am. Where am I going with this, is the question I ask rather than about the blocks I described above. And then they say there are no stupid questions. Whoever said that didn't have to deal with a bad student I guess.

Dealing with these blocks however can be fun. Or can be made to look like it. First step could be anything ranging from identifying what all you could be blocking advertently or inadvertently to actually doing something about it. But the great heroic lies in transitioning between these steps. Once you identify and brood over them, over and over again, and then some more then you realize that you had realized it long ago that if the realization had to come it would have already been realized. But hey, isn't the first step identifying the problem? This is where the fun comes in. Overtly thinking about them makes the clock work like a sprinter. In no time you fast forward so much of time that you can't help notice the relativity and elasticity of it, conveniently branching your thought process into a cosmic dimension triggering a whole new level of imagination which, at the end of it, leaves you with an air of superiority over the mere mortals. The smirk on the face is almost palpable as a first person. As for someone who might be obliging you by taking a note, a chipmunk would have fared better if a tabular comparison was to be made between the two of us, by the obligator. And the chipmunk would win, hands down, on all accounts.

I actually achieved the objective of this little note. I started writing it some 6-7 weeks ago. I started with a photographers block and ended up with a writers. Talk about living up to your expectations. I never fail to not surprise myself. I sometimes wonder how many lifetimes Premchanda had to take to complete Gaban if he were in my shoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment